Boulder Mountain Repair is proud to provide professional repairs for all your technical outdoor gear including down garments, technical shells, sleeping bags, tents, backpacks and more! We strive to get your gear back to being fully functional so you can continue to use it for years to come!
Boulder Mountain Repair’s line up of industrial repair and cleaning equipment includes: Bar tacker, serger, industrial walking-foot sewing, needle-feed sewing, heat press, industrial washer and dryers and much more! We also stock a large selection of fabrics and types of thread in many colors. Another unusual piece of equipment we have is a heavy-duty kick press used to install a large variety of snaps and grommets.
Just because it’s used, doesn’t mean it’s used up. We bring your tried and true gear back to working order!
Position: Repair Technician
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Hours: 40 hours per week, year round
Compensation: $16-$19/hour depending on experience, flexible scheduling, and technical repair skills training
Please send an email with your resume, contact information and a little about your interests and background to email@example.com
A cover letter is highly encouraged. Please use the subject line: Repair Technician Position, attn: Robert Hermann —Repair Coordinator
Boulder Mountain Repair has been in business since 1996 and is Colorado’s largest outdoor gear repair shop. We specialize in fixing and laundering technical outerwear, sleeping bags, tents, and packs, among a variety of other unique jobs. We are conveniently located in East Boulder with easy access to public transportation.
We are growing and are in search of experienced sewing machine technicians. Looking for folks who want to expand their established sewing skills, are motivated to learn and want to be part of a friendly and fun team. Attention to detail and patience are key qualities needed to succeed in this role.
- Sewing both simple and complicated patches
- Application of heat patches
- Replacing and/or repairing zippers
- Meeting our high standard for quality of repairs
- Keep a clean and tidy work station
- Miscellaneous repair work as needed
- Willingness to help with general cleaning
- Experience working with an industrial sewing machine, but will train experienced sewers without commercial sewing machine experience
- Good time management
- Strong work ethic and positive communication skills
- Learn quickly, ask questions and motivated to excel
- 1+ years of experience repairing and replacing zippers on jackets
- Experience repairing backpacks, tents, and/or sleeping bags is a BIG bonus